This page offers options for:
— Donating to support the work of the Guild
— Becoming a member of the Guild
— Sharing your “Mattie Reflections” and Statements of Support for the Cause
— Linking to materials by Mattie or about Mattie,
and resources & actvities that support and
further the work of the Guild
(books, prayer cards, inspiration cards,
spiritual cards, Guild cards,
events, Masses, symposiums, gatherings, etc…)
Donating to support Mattie’s Cause
- Your financial donations support the work of Mattie’s Guild, as they gather and organize materials by and to and about Mattie J.T. Stepanek.
- You donations support the cost of the Canon Law postulator who reviews and prepares the information to present to the Church.
- Your donations support the cost of events, activities, and resources created and offered by Mattie’s Guild that provide information about Mattie’s life and writings, and offer children and adults opportunities to gather and grow in purpose, and to share in Mattie’s ongoing peace ministry.
—> Tax-deductible checks may be mailed to:
Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild
ATTN: Donation for Cause
PO Box 674
Kensington, MD 20895
Prayer & Membership Support
Becoming a member of the Guild
- Learn about Mattie’s Guild Directors (Founding, Current & Past)
and Supporters (Advisors, Honorary Members)
and Committee Members) here…
- Information about becoming a Guild Member coming soon…
- Information about “Mattie’s Prayer” coming soon…
Attitude to Action Support
Materials, Resources, and Activities
- Coming soon… links to information and materials by Mattie or about Mattie…
- Coming soon… links to materials that support and further the work of the Guild (books, prayer cards, inspiration cards, spiritual cards, Guild cards, etc…)
“Statements of Support” (Reflections)
Sharing your “Mattie Reflections” and Statements of Support
A cause for sainthood
in the Catholic Church
rests on the idea
that the individual has
lived a life of heroic virtue,
namely pursuing or
choosing the good
in difficult circumstances.
All are Welcome to Share
The Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild welcomes
“Mattie Reflections” and Statements of Support from
people of all ages, abilities, nationalities, and faiths.
- Those who directly knew Mattie J.T. Stepanek
are asked to share their specific remembrances of how he lived a holy life.
- Those who knew or know of Mattie through
his media appearances, writings, or public ministry
are invited to share their experience of his holiness.
- ALL are nvited to share reflections and statements on
how knowing Mattie or knowing about him has inspired them to live as a better person and led them to a closer relationship with God.
Simply follow the three steps below and share how
knowing Mattie, or knowing about him,
has inspired you to live as a better person,
and/or led you to a closer relationship with God.
- How did/do you know Mattie?
Is there a quote or a conversation, an experience or appearance that is memorable and meaningful?
- Prayerfully and carefully reflecton your remembrance and share the most important facts.
- A statement does not need to be long, but it does need to specific.
Statements may be hand-written or typed, but they must be signed by person sharing information.
- A reflection or statementis most effective when
specific dates, locations, conversations, and other details are shared.
- Offering specific information about something Mattie said or did
– and how that has inspired or impacted or changed you – is most helpful to the Guild.
- It is suggested that you number each paragraph or line so that it is more easily cited by the Guild.
- Please end/close your statement with this phrase:
‘I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true.’
- IMPORTANT: Sign your name AND write your name AND date the document, AND please give us a way to contact you (address / phone / email).
- Please mail paper/print copies of reflections and statements to
Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild
PO Box 674, Kensington, MD 20895
- Please send signed/scanned/electronic copies to info@MattieMatters.org.
Thank you for lifting up Mattie’s Cause for Sainthood
with your reflection and testimony statement.