Messages: To keep people up-to-date
on the mission and work of the Guild as we gather information to further Mattie’s Cause of Canonization, the Directors will be sharing regular “Messages from the Guild.” Some of these messages will be reflections or information on timely topics, including spiritual activities, events, prayers, and other relevant news relevant.
Other messages will explore a particular poem, passage, or prayer offered by Mattie. We also invite and encourage global neighbors to ask questions, to suggest topics for the Guild to explore and to share personal reflections on Mattie’s life and message and Cause of Canonization. We will also occasionally repost or share updates and links to older news
and information, such as past interviews, videos, and other events.
Activities: To support global neighbors
in exploring, embracing, and expanding on “Heartsongs” and the messages Mattie shared, we will be offering “Seasonal Theme” suggestions. The themes will be relevant to seasonal, holiday, or newsworthy items and events. Each theme will be rooted in a poem, passage, and/or prayer shaped by Mattie. Through the year, “Reflect, Respond, and Reach Out” conversation and activities tips will be provided in sections specifically created for children, families, educators, parishioners, community leaders, and other global neighbors.
Messages & Activities
The messages shared by the Guild Directors
will be added with the newest at the top.
We welcome reflections and responses
to these messages from children and adults,
and we invite suggestions and questions for
the Guild Directors to consider in these messages.
— To view the Guild Messages — CLICK HERE...
— Archived audio, video, news, & more — CLICK HERE…
The seasonal themes exploring Mattie’s messages
will include suggested conversation and activity tips
to support children, adults, educators, families, and groups
as they “Reflect, Respond, & Reach Out” on the theme.
We welcome feedback from children, adults, schools, educators,
places of worship, and other communities exploring the themes,
and we invite samples of artwork, poetry, prayers, photos,
and other representations of conversations and activities.
which may be posted to this website in a special section.
— To view the SeasonalThemes & Tips — CLICK HERE...
— To view “Your Reflections & Responses” — CLICK HERE...
Current Messages from the Guild —
- Press Release — Mattie’s 15 Year Anniversary Mass
- Coming June 22 2019 — Mattie’s 15 Year Mass & Reception
- Coming June 9 — Reception and Information Session
- Current information — How to Share YOUR Mattie Reflection
- May 2019 — CNN “Why Mattie Matters” essay by Mattie’s mom
- Current — How to Share YOUR Mattie Reflections
- May 2019 — WHY & HOW Mattie Still Matters
- May 2019– Mattie: CNN “Champion of Change”
- April 2019 — Guild Reflection: Holy Week & Easter
- March 2019 — Guild Reflection: Mattie’s Lenten Reflections
- February 2019 — Guild Reflection: Celebrating Heartsongs
- February 2019 — Theme Reflection: “Love” — Mattie’s message shared by Mattie’s mom
- January 2019 — Press Release — “What is a Life Worth?: Remember Mattie” — with video excerpt
- January 2019 — Theme Reflection: “Moving Forthward” — Mattie’s message shared by Mattie’s mom
- January 2019 — Guild Reflection: Epiphany and Courage
- January 2019 — Guild Message: Novena to St. André
- December 2018 — Guild Reflection: Voices with Choices
- December 2018 — Theme Reflection: “Peace” — Mattie’s message shared by Mattie’s mom
- November 15, 2018 — Guild Reflection: Interview – Journey to Sainthood
- November 2, 2018 — Guild Reflection: All Souls Day & Mattie’s Cause
- November 1, 2018 — Guild Reflection: All Saints Day, Masses – St. Rose & St. Elizabeth’s School
- November 2018 — Guild Reflection: Introduction to “Mattie’s Prayer”
- November 2018 — Guild Message: Mattie’s Guild vs Mattie’s Foundation
Current Seasaonal Theme & Tips —
Message & Prayer:
Mattie’s celebration of “love” and purpose
Mattie’s “Psalm for Martin” poem & more
Love / February 2019 Theme Message —
Offered by Jeni Stepanek, PhD (“Mattie’s mom”)
— To view the message page — CLICK HERE...
Love / February 2019 Reflect, Respond, Reach Out Tips —
Conversation and Activity Suggestions
for youth and adults, families and communities
— To view the RRR Tips page — CLICK HERE
To download the February 2019
combined double-sided theme page
(Message & RRR Tips) — CLICK HERE