WMET Radio Interview: Mattie Matters
Tune in Monday, June 17
in the 1 pm (EST) hour
to listen to an interview
with Mattie’s mom, Jeni Stepanek —
airing on Guadalupe Network’s
WMET 1160AM program,
“Catholicism on the Beltway.”
More about Mattie’s possible
Cause for Sainthood:
Please join us for a
Reception & Information Session
Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 12:30 pm
(following the 11:00 am Mass)
The Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild
Most Holy Rosary Catholic Church
in the St. Joseph’s Center
11704 Duley Station Road
Upper Marlboro, MD
Join members of the Guild,
and Mattie’s Mom, Jeni Stepanek,
to learn more about Mattie’s Cause of Canonization,
and to remember how Holy Rosary was
Mattie’s church and spiritual home.
This is where Mattie received the sacraments of
First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation,
and where he served as a lector and catechist.
Information will be shared about the upcoming
Mattie Stepanek 15 Year Memorial Mass
in Derwood, Maryland
(not far from the
Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park & Peace Garden)
and about the
Mattie Stepanek Lecture & Symposium
being planned for September 2019.
Visit Mattie4Sainthood.org to learn more about
Mattie’s Life of Holiness
– a life he celebrated at Holy Rosary,
and about the mission and work of the Guild.
For more information, contact
or call/text 240.994.0603
For Immediate Release:
15th Anniversary Memorial Mass of Mattie Stepanek –
famous and faith-filled young poet
from the Archdiocese of Washington
All are invited to the 15th Anniversary Memorial Mass for Mattie J.T. Stepanek on Saturday, June 22 at 11 am.
Mattie’s brief life had many challenges, yet he accomplished a great deal in 13 years, writing six bestselling books of poetry and one bestselling book on peacemaking.
Mattie inspired tens of thousands around the world with his message that life is worthy, hope is real, and that peace is possible.
At an early age, he developed a profound relationship with God, and these spiritual conversations shaped his poems and other writings.
The Mass will be held at St. Francis of Assisi (6701 Muncaster Mill Rd, Derwood, Maryland).
Please join members of the Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild after the Mass to learn more about the cause for Mattie’s sainthood and how Mattie’s life of holiness and heroic virtue continue to inspire young people today.
For more information,
or call 240.994.0603.
View or download the PDF version of
this Press Release HERE…
View or download the JPG version of
this Press Release HERE…
#MattieMatters #MattiesGuild #PackTheChurch
Sharing your “Mattie Reflections”
and Statements of Support
A cause for sainthood
in the Catholic Church
rests on the idea
that the individual has
lived a life of heroic virtue,
namely pursuing or
choosing the good
in difficult circumstances.
All are Welcome to Share
The Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild welcomes
“Mattie Reflections” and Statements of Support from
people of all ages, abilities, nationalities, and faiths.
- Those who directly knew Mattie J.T. Stepanek
are asked to share their specific remembrances of how he lived a holy life.
- Those who knew or know of Mattie through
his media appearances, writings, or public ministry
are invited to share their experience of his holiness.
- ALL are nvited to share reflections and statements on
how knowing Mattie or knowing about him has inspired them to live as a better person and led them to a closer relationship with God.
Simply follow the three steps below and share how
knowing Mattie, or knowing about him,
has inspired you to live as a better person,
and/or led you to a closer relationship with God.
- How did/do you know Mattie?
Is there a quote or a conversation, an experience or appearance that is memorable and meaningful?
- Prayerfully and carefully reflecton your remembrance and share the most important facts.
- A statement does not need to be long, but it does need to specific.
Statements may be hand-written or typed, but they must be signed by person sharing information.
- A reflection or statementis most effective when
specific dates, locations, conversations, and other details are shared.
- Offering specific information about something Mattie said or did
– and how that has inspired or impacted or changed you – is most helpful to the Guild.
- It is suggested that you number each paragraph or line so that it is more easily cited by the Guild.
- Please end/close your statement with this phrase:
‘I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true.’
- IMPORTANT: Sign your name AND write your name AND date the document, AND please give us a way to contact you (address / phone / email).
- Please mail paper/print copies of reflections and statements to
Mattie J.T. Stepanek Guild
PO Box 674, Kensington, MD 20895
DOWNLOAD a PDF VERSION of these
“Sharing Mattie Reflections / Statements” Guidelines
by CLICKING HERE…
Thank you for lifting up Mattie’s Cause for Sainthood
with your reflection and testimony statement.
Want to learn more about WHY and HOW
Mattie J.T. Stepanek is still serving as the
“Champion for Change”
selected by CNN’s Chris Cuomo?
Read the opinion essay offered by
Jeni Stepanek, PhD (Mattie’s mom / Mama Peace)
to accompany the CNN video
(PDF version) HERE…
— gathering information for his possible Cause of Canonization (sainthood), information about his spiritual life, events, activities, more:
— sharing information about his peace mission, Peace Day Campaign, upcoming events & activities, Pathways to Peace, life & legacy, more:
CNN’s website with…
— Jeni’s “Why Mattie Still Matters” reflection essay & videos:
What next? Forthward
- Enjoy. Share. Move from attitude to action.
- #MattieMatters #MattiesGuild
- #MakePeaceTheNews #ChoosePeace
- Read a Mattie quote, poem, or book (he penned SEVEN NY Times Bestsellers)
- Read Mattie’s memoir, penned by Jeni (Messenger – also a NY Times Bestseller)
- Join us for Mattie’s 15 Year Anniversary Mass & Reception on June 22 (more here…)
- Explore the Guild’s Gallery page – with photos, videos, messages, and seasonal actitvities and reasources
- Learn more about the National Peace Day Campaign
- Learn more about events, activities, and resources via Mattie’s Guild
- Learn more about events, activities, and resources via Mattie’s Foundation
- Learn more about the Global Teen Leaders & WAFF / 3DD initiative
Support Mattie’s Cause